I would be happy to answer questions and research things related to aquaponics for you, but don’t send incomplete questions. Here is some of the information I’ll need:
Want to Create a System?
- What is your USDA Hardiness zone?
- How much floor space do you have? Is it sheltered (basement, indoors, greenhouse)
- What is your initial and yearly budget?
- What is your purpose or goal of creating the system?
Have a system that is malfunctioning?
- Ammonia Levels?
- Nitrate Levels?
- Water Temperature from center and bottom of tank?
- How old is the system? How long has it been running?
- How are you adding water? Is it treated? Well water? River water? Rain water (type of roof or collection medium it comes from).
- Has your aquaponics system cycled yet? What is your method of knowing this?
- Do you have a diagram and picture of your system?
- What size is your tank?
- How often do you circulate the water, and what volume of water is cycling?
- Do your fish or plants have any symptoms, discolorations, or abnormal behaviors?
- What is your grow media? What size of gravel? Where did you get it?
- What type of other aeration is there, how much?
- Is your system in a green house? Is it vented/shaded/heated?
- What size is your grow bed? How deep is it?
- How many fish, what type, and how big are they?
- What parts of your entire system that contacts water are metal?
- What and how often are you feeding fish?
- What type, if any pest control have you used on or near your fish/plants?
If you don’t answer these types of questions about your aquaponics system, it will be nearly impossible to understand what is wrong.