For my own reference, here is a delicious granola type bar made from bananas, nuts and cranberries.
I went to a class at Gardenpool.org about bananas and they let us try these chewy banana bars. I am impressed. They were easily as good as any cookie I can remember, and far healthier.
Banana Bars Recipe
- 2 Large Bananas
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
Directions for 8 Servings
- Peel the bananas and mash in a bowl until no chunks remain
- Sir in the cinnamon, vanilla and oats
- Mix in Cranberries and almonds.
- Spread evenly into 9×9-inch square baking pan.
- Heat oven to 350F (Perfect solar oven temp)
- Lightly grease a dish with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Cool to room temperature and serve as squares